Shawano County Transportation
Our office locations have re-opened BUT WE ARE ENCOURAGING, as much as possible, that ALL APPOINTMENTS AND CONTACTS BE VIA TELEPHONE vs. in person. If at all possible, please CALL vs. coming directly to our offices. The health of our customers and staff are very important to us. It is now more important than ever to STAY HOME as much as possible. Please do your part to support the community and the health care system by following recommendations and guidelines, including minimizing time away from home. Thank you to all those who are doing your part!
Please see more information here or in the Special Announcement section... » » »
Shawano County Transportation
A variety of transportation options are available for those in need. Explore the various options below, and click the blue link text to visit the websites for more more specifics.
- Shawano County Volunteer Driver Escort Program: The Volunteer Driver Escort Program is for the elderly (60 and over) and disabled individuals who are able to get in and out of a vehicle on their own. It offers transportation services for out-of-town medical appointments and running errands. There is a fee per mile for this service. Please contact the office a few days ahead of your appointment to allow time for making arrangements with a volunteer driver. Call the Shawano County Aging Unit to set up an appointment at 715-526-4700 or toll-free at 1-866-526-2130.
- Menominee Public Transit: The Menominee Public Transit offers their mini bus transportation service to all Menominee and Shawano County residents who are elderly or disabled. Others may ride if space permits. The mini bus travels around our community taking people to the grocery store, library, pharmacies and much more. The Menominee Public Transit also offers a Senior Shopping bus schedule to take community members to different shopping locations in Green Bay, Appleton and Wausau. Contact the Menominee Public Transit to find out more about their rates and destinations by calling toll-free at 1-866-648-9287.
- Taxi Ticket Discounts: Seniors (60 and older) and disabled citizens of Shawano are eligible for Taxi Ticket Discounts. The Shawano County Aging Unit is sponsoring a $1.25 discount on rides. A booklet of 10 tickets will cost $17.50 and they can be used with Shawano City Cab. This represents a savings of $12.50 on 10 taxi rides. Tickets can be purchased at the Clerk Treasurer’s Office at Shawano City Hall located at 127 South Sawyer Street in Shawano.
- MTM: If you are on Medicaid or BadgerCare Plus and need non-emergency medical transportation, contact MTM Inc. toll-free at 1-866-907-1493. Rides must be scheduled at least two days prior to an appointment and up to one month in advance.
- Pulaski Senior Center: The Pulaski Senior Center and the American Red Cross provide transportation services for individuals 60 year of age or older and/or for those with a disability with rides to various medical, nutritional and social appointments in the Pulaski area. The cost of the ride in Pulaski is $3 and any ride outside of the Pulaski area is $6. For more information, contact 920-822-8100.
- Koeppen’s Medical Transportation: Koeppen’s is a transportation service for the elderly and people with disabilities who cannot utilize conventional means of public and private transportation to get to and from medical appointments. To schedule a ride, call toll-free at 1-800-622-5711.
Back to Main Transportation page